Dear Con Mi MADRE Familia and Supporters,
Con Mi MADRE takes the health and wellbeing of our community very seriously and believes enacting prudent safeguards are absolutely necessary to minimize any potential risk of exposure to the Coronavirus, or COVID-19, in the areas that we serve in Austin, El Paso, and Fort Worth.
Therefore, we would like to share with you the updated precautions we are implementing at Con Mi MADRE to protect the health of our staff, participants, and community partners.
We have initiated the following measures:
- Con Mi MADRE is extending its temporary remote operations– Our staff has been instructed to work remotely, through April 3rd, 2020. During this period our offices will be closed to the public.
- Out-of-school programming events scheduled through June 30th, 2020 have been canceled and will be rescheduled if possible.
- Scheduled in-person meetings will transition to teleconference through April 3rd, 2020.
- Con Mi MADRE coordinators will continue to be available to our students and families via teleconferencing or phone.
- Rather than holding Our 11th Annual Corazón Awards Gala at the JW Marriott Hotel in downtown Austin, we will be bringing an interactive live event to you online! It is still scheduled to be held on April 18th and you’ll be able to join us from the comfort of your home. More exciting details from the Con Mi MADRE team coming soon!
During the aforementioned period of time, our leadership team will continue to work diligently to develop alternative plans that will allow us to best serve our mother-daughter teams. We will distribute updated notices in the coming weeks, but feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
In the meantime, we encourage you to stay up-to-date with the Center for Disease Control for directives and the most current information on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wishing you and your loved ones the best of health,
Dr. Johanna Moya Fábregas
Executive Director, Con Mi MADRE